HOW TO JOIN

Thinking of joining ? or would like some information on how the group runs, simply email me (Sue ) at quiltingblocks@hotmail.com

Two blocks are made per month, and the swap partners are allocated in the middle of each month

Monday, June 27, 2011

2 swaps done and dusted

With an odd number of members this month I took up the challenge of 2 swaps in the 6 inch group.

My first partner Larissa is saving pin wheels so I had fun playing around with my new foundation piecing skills to make a couple of pin wheels with a twist.  Larissa was looking for brights, I certainly think these are bright enough.

 My second partner for the month is new member Janet from Canada - who requested Cathy's campfire in reds, oranges and yellows.  I used some batik fabric (in one of the blocks) as it looked like flames to me.  I hope the Canadian postal strike is over and these find there way to you soon.


I had fun making blocks for both of these swaps - as they are all blocks I have never made before.  This is what I love most about swapping.  You get to make blocks you have never done before is colours that are out of your normal scope or style.

1 comment:

  1. I love these blocks! I haven't had any experience with 6" blocks yet. I've only been doing the 12 1/2" unfinished. I sent an email inquiring about the group. I have done multiply swaps and really enjoy them. :)

    My blog has blocks that I have made if you are interested in checking them out. :) I hope maybe in the future I can be a part of your group if you will allow me to be. :)

    Quilty Hugs,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete